Max speaks with Gabrielle Valdez Dow, VP, Marketing & Fan Engagement at the Green Bay Packers football team. They discuss how the Packers create personalized experiences for their fans across digital channels and in the stadium, how they adjust their messaging based on wins or losses, and how they're tracking the "driveway-to-driveway" fan journey to increase engagement. They also talk about what channels are most successful, advice for marketers, and what the future of fan engagement will look like.
- The necessity of retaining and engaging sports fans year round, not just during the season.
- The ways in which the Packers adjust their messaging after wins or losses in order to continue to engage fans.
- The success of different mediums for the Packers and how to measure successful fan engagement across platforms.
- How to create personalization across various channels like email and app, and the potential for personalization in more passive channels like TikTok and YouTube.
- How the Packers are tracking the fan journey, creating opportunities for touchpoints and connection, and rewarding fan engagement.
- Advice for marketers that are just getting started or who want to go into the sports industry.
- What the future of fan marketing will look like across digital channels and in the stadium.